Wine Seance Rave the second! A recap with BEAUTIFUL* photos. *yelling
Whoa! We can hardly believe our second SEANCE RAVE has already happened! What a gift that each month is marked by a trip to the velvet store (more velvet!) and all of our possessions smelling like sage and pizza.
We learned so many lessons from our first event in January and it was so fun to make this one event better! Here is our learning progression in helpful steps for your future seance raves!
1. take all profits from the first event in an envelope. go to fabric store. touch many velvets! buy as many as you can fit in your arms + probably some weird moss green tassel thing - maybe you'll wear it!
2. be crazy! do the menus a day ahead of time! taste the wine, make wizard notes and paint them all over. order and consume $90 of indian food during the painting progress, the entirety of your profits minus velvet from the first event. wonder why your gowns feel so tight when you try them on later that evening! (#ninetydollarsofindianfood)
(ps: We LOVED the selection this time. We loved the selection last time. We most certainly will love the selection in March! So fun to pour our most favourite things of the moment. Here is the line up. We've attached the agencies you should yell at if you want to find these wines in Ontario by the case!)
3. more flowers! a beautiful arrangement from coriander girl and dried flowers from the badass Brie Read will do the trick. Find Brie at misfitstudio where real life witches make your butt look amazing.
4. program the wines into the computer ahead of time (whoa!). TAX IN. this way people can give you cash and you can give them easy change. this will feel like important magic.
5: buy a staple gun! when older man asks you if you'd like to see the bigger options tell him "no, this is for lady hands". Smile to yourself when he looks sad and confused (#thefutureisfemale #ladieswhostaple). Also learn what a gromet is and buy a kit to gromet! Gromet all the velvet! Feel like a pretty legit fashion designer for walls! Hang the velvet in a much more profesh way. What are those, s hooks?! They are. Actually have so much velvet that an entire piece lays on the floor all afternoon as we decide where we can possibly hang it (the door, duh).
6. host the most amazing humans for an hour long seated seminar going through the wines aka EDUCATION HOUR! wowowowowowow was this part ever amazing!!! We were blown away with the interest and enthusiasm and how many people showed up so promptly! You humans are the best!
We really want to keep these intimate for sweet discussion so next time we are having two! One from 7-8 on Monday March 6th and one from 8-9. Sign up now! Did you go? Please give us feedback! What you loved. What you loved less. What you want us to yell about in the future! email@example.com. do it!
7. Dim lights and dance with you! Ahhhhhh queen babe Jenalle Los took such amazing amazing photos. Here are a bunch of them! Thank you Jenalle! Thank you everyone!
We will be hosting our next party in Toronto at Superpoint on Monday March 6th with even more spells up our sleeves (our first ever performance!!!). We will also be holding our first SEANCE RAVE ON THE ROAD. Can we call this ON THE RAVE AGAIN. It's like On the Road Again, but with witches! No??? Anyways this will be Monday February 27th at Burdock restaurant in Vancouver co-hosted by the beautiful Julie Sopuck. We love Julie. We love Burdock and we love Vancouver. Sooooo fun. Thanks sweet coven. We love you so much!!!
ps: we are going to be on the radio on Monday! Wheeeeeee. More details soon, we promise to share the link when we have it.