'Tradition'

Regular price $125
/
  • Freaky Level 2
    Traditional with a twist.
  • Rare Jewel
    The natural wine world’s brightest stars here just once or twice a year.
  • Age Worthy
    Here for a good time *and* a long time!
  • Plush & Textured
    Textured & layered to pair with a main course.
  • Savoury
    Brine, spice, leather and other non-fruit notes are the star.
&

'Tradition'

Regular price $125
/
  • Freaky Level 2
    Traditional with a twist.
  • Rare Jewel
    The natural wine world’s brightest stars here just once or twice a year.
  • Age Worthy
    Here for a good time *and* a long time!
  • Plush & Textured
    Textured & layered to pair with a main course.
  • Savoury
    Brine, spice, leather and other non-fruit notes are the star.
Chalky Almond Eclair

Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Pinot Blanc, Champagne, France

A Champagne local and boundary-pushing vigneron, Charles Dufour converted his 6 hectare farm to organic practices in 2013, while also adopting biodynamic preparations in the vineyard to stave off any superfluo. . .

Read More

Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Pinot Blanc, Champagne, France

A Champagne local and boundary-pushing vigneron, Charles Dufour converted his 6 hectare farm to organic practices in 2013, while also adopting biodynamic preparations in the vineyard to stave off any superfluous chemical additions. This wine comes from his organic vineyard in Landreville, a village in Champagne’s southern (and very ~of the moment ~) Côte des Bar. Classic kimmeridgian chalk soils mingle with heavier clay marls to create an electric intermingling of poise & lustre that we don’t often get, even from Champagne. A blend of infallible Pinot Noir (60%), sumptuous Chardonnay (30%), and sultry Pinot Blanc (10%). A time-travelling love potion of natty wine proportions, 80% of the wine comes from the 2018 vintage, with the remaining 20% coming from vintages as far back as 2010! Fermenting between old barrels and stainless steel, everything was allowed to go through malolactic fermentation, PLUS 15 months in bottle on its lees – giving round & textured yellow-brick-road-to-see-the-wizard realness. Heady spiced peaches, hay, red apple shreds, a sourdough eclair stuffed with almond cream, smoked vanilla & chalky mineral stripes. Fun fact: we received this wine about this time last year and have cellared it since then to release it at its peak. Pour while contemplating how every snowflake IS in fact unique & the eventual realization that Mother Nature is the greatest artist of all time.


Read Less

Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Pinot Blanc, Champagne, France


Read More

Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Pinot Blanc, Champagne, France

A Champagne local and boundary-pushing vigneron, Charles Dufour converted his 6 hectare farm to organic practices in 2013, while also adopting biodynamic preparations in the vineyard to stave off any superfluous chemical additions. This wine comes from his organic vineyard in Landreville, a village in Champagne’s southern (and very ~of the moment ~) Côte des Bar. Classic kimmeridgian chalk soils mingle with heavier clay marls to create an electric intermingling of poise & lustre that we don’t often get, even from Champagne. A blend of infallible Pinot Noir (60%), sumptuous Chardonnay (30%), and sultry Pinot Blanc (10%). A time-travelling love potion of natty wine proportions, 80% of the wine comes from the 2018 vintage, with the remaining 20% coming from vintages as far back as 2010! Fermenting between old barrels and stainless steel, everything was allowed to go through malolactic fermentation, PLUS 15 months in bottle on its lees – giving round & textured yellow-brick-road-to-see-the-wizard realness. Heady spiced peaches, hay, red apple shreds, a sourdough eclair stuffed with almond cream, smoked vanilla & chalky mineral stripes. Fun fact: we received this wine about this time last year and have cellared it since then to release it at its peak. Pour while contemplating how every snowflake IS in fact unique & the eventual realization that Mother Nature is the greatest artist of all time.


Read Less
  • Low stock - 5 items left

Free pick up at our shop (1247 Dundas Street West) or delivery across Ontario in 2-5 business days for $10 - $20 flat rate depending on region. We offer free delivery for M postal codes over $150, and over $250 in the rest of Ontario.* Please note we do not deliver on weekends. 

*Although we will always do our best to offer free shipping when possible, customers in especially remote locations may be contacted for additional delivery fees.

nice tunes for nice wines

Curated playlists for every dinner, park hang or dance party - find your freaky level!

GW TUNES

WINE CLUB

Great natural wine in Ontario? Easy. 
Get six delicious, carefully chosen, custom selected for you prized bottles delivered to your door every month.

Subscribe

Things you've looked at