We’re looking for one part-time server to lead our Monday-Wednesday night programming! Come serve sustainable and interesting natural wines alongside friendly and passionate hospitality people in one of the best neighbourhoods in Toronto. You’ll often be working solo, so we’re looking for someone who loves to be the star of the show, is comfortable commanding a room and solving problems on the fly.
If you’re interested, please send a resume, a bit about yourself and why you'd like to join the team to email@example.com.
What we’re looking for:
- Ideally, you’ll have 3+ years service experience and/or high confidence and comfort within a high volume environment.
- A strong love for or budding curiosity about natural wine
- The ability to confidently speak to a rotating selection of exceptional and interesting wines. As long as you’re curious and familiar with wine tasting notes in general, we can teach the rest!
- The desire to make wine approachable, informative, and fun. No stuffiness, just great wine and warm, hospitable service!
- We’re a small shop that relies on systems to make everything run smoothly. We’re looking for a team player who will participate in creating and following these systems! This will be best for you if you’re happy in a dynamic environment, where we experiment with what enables us to do our best work.
- You’ll be working solo often, so thinking on your feet, being organized, and a great communicator will help you thrive.
We’ll be serving snacks along with our great wine, so you’ll be comfortable plating food as you go!
While we are big natural wine people here, it’s not a requirement for you to be as deeply into it as we are! What we’re looking for is a passion for learning and hospitality, and we’ll provide the rest. Even if you don’t have all the requirements we’ve mentioned about, we’d still love to hear from you.
We highly (and warmly!) encourage folks from communities traditionally underrepresented in wine to apply! If you need accommodations with any part of the interviewing and application process, we’re happy to provide. We are passionately committed to equal opportunity for all employees, increasing diversity at our workplace, and providing team members with a work environment free from discrimination and harassment.
WHAT WE OFFER - A positive, supportive, and inclusive work environment. $25-30/hr hour + tips, depending on experience
A $150 HSA spending account that kicks in after 3 months.
Paid sick days after probationary period of one month, up to 6 days. Mentorship and learning opportunities through frequent tastings, winemaker events and collaborations with juicy staff discount on delicious wines.
NITTY GRITTY -
We are looking for one part-time server (3 days a week) for 6-8 hour shifts Monday-Wednesday with the occasional Sunday.
This is a yearly role with potential to grow for the right candidate.
You’ll need to comfortably carry 30 pounds (a case of wine) up and down one flight of stairs.
You’ll need to have your smart serve certification.
Who we are:
We’re a small shop, women owned and operated. Our mission is to make wine accessible and fun. It’s our goal to create a safe, welcoming and equitable work environment for all. We bring an equitable and inclusive lens to our takes on hospitality and teamwork.
Great natural wine in Ontario?? Easy. Get 6 delicious, carefully chosen bottles delivered every month.